Wednesday, May 23, 2012

NEW LUPE!!

"Around My Way" off Food and Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1


I have been a fan of Lupe since Food and Liquor and recently every single idiot on Youtube and Facebook has the same thing to say, 'Make another Food and Liquor.'  I understand LASERS was more mainstream than his previous efforts and sort of alienated his fan base that are on his nuts because 'he is real and doesn't spit about cars and bling and hoes.'  But I enjoyed LASERS, its called progression people!!!  It's not like he abandoned his style for LASERS and started talking about that stuff, I think they are mad cuz the beats and hooks are too "pop" for their stupid asses. You gotta move and adapt, or die off with all of the one hit wonders who are too stuck in their ways to try anything new.  He could have pulled a Jay - Z and said "Niggas want my old shit, buy my old albums." But he has 3 albums called Blueprint so take that with a grain of salt.  


So Lupe comes back with the first single of his next highly anticipated album that has every hip hop head droolin.  Finally those same idiots can go cop what they have been complaining about since 2006.  But they still gotta complain about something so they are going off on using the beat from Pete Rock and CL Smooths "T.R.O.Y"  I don't care too much about that, cuz Lupe kills it.  I can listen to this forever cuz each line packs so much info, double entendres and meaning that at first listen you wont get it.  But let Lupe tell it how it is.  Peep this interview from Complex.com on the subject and check out the related articles to see how the whole Pete Rock drama unfolded.  Then listen to this jam a million more times until F&L2 drops!!!


-----------------------EDIT-------


Peep the rap genius explanation.  Tight
http://rapgenius.com/Lupe-fiasco-around-my-way-lyrics

1 comment:

  1. Get 'em, Pike! I agree that you need to progress in the direction you feel is right; as Canibus said "... progress is a step in any direction." A lot of musicians get caught in a rut and can't keep their sound moving forward. To see this, just look at all the bands who's last big single was a cover of another awesome song; is the promotional track for some movie album; or, in Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes", is both. This isn't why Lasers didn't make it past a dozen plays in my deck though.

    While Lasers represented the progression of an artist, it didn't resonate with me. With only have a limited amount of time for listening to music, I would rather listen to other things. I couldn't get enough of F & L and thought The Cool was genius (I still bump "Dumb it Down" and consider it lyrical genius status), however Lasers' didn't get me involved. It will be interesting to see if F & L 2 will grab my attention.

    ReplyDelete