Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DRUM BREAKS

What up gang?  Its been a min since our last post here and I think its time for a useful little post on drum loops.

So as we all know it was a sad day on Friday with the passing of MCA.  So I was listening to some Beastie Boys on the way home from work and heard some good drums I hadn't made note of in my collection at the end of "Electrify" on Hello Nasty.  I figured this would be a good time to make a post with a few of my favorite loops from songs that I like to use in my production. Here is a couple of the tracks that have the drum samples at the very beginning.  Enjoy!

Asher Roth "La Di Da"
Atmosphere "Struggle Song"



Biz Markie "Return of the Biz Dance"

The Darkness "Love is Only a Feeling"

Eminem "Amityville"

Immortal Technique "The Illest"


I can't give away all of my secrets just yet, but here is a little list to get you started.  Stay tuned for Pt 2!

For downloading the files I recommend keepvid.com, just copy and paste the youtube address and you can download the mp3 to your computer.  Enjoy, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment